Popular Posts

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Individual Innovation Journal 2

After the first three classes, I find myself looking at things somewhat differently. I think about how I could make it better. I think about what it would be if I just add this or that. I think about how many right answers it could have.  My creativity is blossoming into a more open fashion. I am experimenting with more colors in my paintings and my writings are more creative and "out there" as opposed to a few weeks ago.
Our group has been working on our project and I think we can come up with some more innovative ideas as to how to present it. We have taken a common object and we are giving it a new twist. We are all working on developing our wiki and I think it is coming along fine. We are still working on the wiki and we are finding new ways to define it.
The barriers I faced in my last journal entry are still there but I feel they are loosening a bit. It will take time for me to become completely innovative and I don't know if I ever will, but I am working on it and I think I am making some progress.
Since I am not working at this time, I looked up what could be innovative ideas in manufacturing. I find it is a way to present a product, finding new markets for said product, or finding a new use for the product. Innovation helps find new, lower cost materials that deliver the same if not better results. Innovation is allowing your employees to come up with ideas for doing things better and for seeing the ideas through.(http://www.suite101.com/content/innovation-management-for-business-survival-a164571...)
The activities in class are helping me think about items in new ways and how we could change an item or enhance the item. I find innovation to be stimulating and gratifying. I am enjoying and learning new things in each class each week.

1 comment: