Popular Posts

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Innovation Journal #1

9/30/10
Discuss your level of creativity and innovation skills as of today. How would you rate yourself? Why are you creative? Why not? Why are you innovative? Why not?

I believe I have a high level of creativity. I think of myself as a person who has talents in certain areas. I like to draw, write, and oil paint. Each thing I do takes practice and more practice. I know I am not up there with the big time artists but who cares. The things I do make me happy and contented and that is all I care about right now. I do think I am at least a 7 or 8 when it comes to creativity.
Innovation, well I don't believe I am that innovative. I would say maybe a 4 or 5 when it comes to innovation. The reason I believe that is because it takes me a very long time to come up with ideas. I am not an analytic person and I really have to try hard to see something other than what it appears to be. One of the barriers I face is my own thinking and rethinking until I think it to death. I guess I am my own worst enemy when it comes to coming up with new ideas. I also think my self worth has a lot to do with it. I worry about being the one who thinks out side the box. The reading in our text confirms that this can definitely be a barrier to innovation. I am one who will have to try very hard to change my way of thinking.
I think the readings and activities we do in class will be a start for me to change my way of thinking. I think I will learn how to view things differently. Understanding innovation is becoming easier with the more I read about it.
(See next post for what types of innovation are occurring around you)

No comments:

Post a Comment